Coppice returns to share a spiralling journey from cloudbanks and coldfronts, weaving through countless rustling leaves, down to leafmould and the detritus of the forest floor
This mix includes dense aural fogs and deep soundscapes of clarity from the likes of Mika Vainio, Deathprod, CoH, field recordist Chris Watson, and the majestic Delia Derbyshire. Coldfall is inspired by the now-fragmented ancient woodland of London and its perseverance throughout the centuries. It also owes much to erratic weather patterns deluging London with downpours during the time of its conception.
Originally broadcast on Ill FM, August 2009.
- Mark Pritchard - ?
- Burial - Untitled
- Arovane - Blacksoil
- Mercof - Ulysses (Deathprod mix)
- Monolake - Layer 02
- Aphex Twin - Gwely Mernans
- Monolake - Wasteland
- Mika Vainio - Unien Holvit
- Nine Inch Nails - 2 Ghosts I
- Sunn O))) and Boris - N.L.T.
- Radian - Vertigo
- Whirling Hall of Knives - 2-Bar Heater and Smoke
- Thomas Fehlmann - Scheben
- Chris Watson - Cima Verde
- Deathprod - Cloudchamber
- Chris Watson - Soffi di Vento
- Coil - The Gimp (Sometimes)
- Oren Ambarchi - Gene
- Dopplereffekt - Holomorphic N-0 Form
- Svarte Greiner - The Black Dress
- Asher - Landscape Studies 1
- Stars of the Lid - Porch (Version #28)
- Ø - Mojave
- CoH - Part III - Euphrates (III-II Devoto Maestoso Al Fine)
- Vex'd - Destruction
- Rory Storm - 3' 06"
- Fennesz - Onsra
- William Basinski - Melancholia VIII
- Aphex Twin - Domino
- CoH - Between Heaven and Earth
- Aphex Twin - Grey Stripe
- Fripp & Eno - Meissa
- Delia Derbyshire - Blue Veils and Golden Sands
- William Basinski - Melancholia V
- Tangerine Dream - Sequent C'
- Stars of the Lid - Requiem String Melody