Spannered Oddcast #15
Jerome Hill's Music for Pregnant Ladies
The audio equivalent of ice cream with pickled onions? Jerome Hill strings together a selection of sounds to sate the musical cravings of the childbearing lady (also compatible with other activities)Oddcast #15 was delivered on Saturday 28 April 2012 at 01:10 hours. Weighing in at just over 70 minutes, both parent and child are doing as well as can be expected.
Music for Pregnant Ladies is a version of a mix originally put together by London-based DJ Jerome Hill for a friend of his during her pregnancy. Featuring wildly eclectic gems from the likes of Nino Ferrer, Os Mutantes and Jean-Pierre Massiera, we've been experimenting with this Oddcast in various situations and can assuredly report that it's a very fine listen even if you're not 'with child'.
Despite Jerome's legendary standing as a techno DJ, anyone who's caught him at one of his more “irregular” gigs will know of his ceaseless quest to unearth the cheekiest tunes of all genres ever to have been pressed onto vinyl (and that he's a force to reckoned with when it comes to rocking out the catchiest wedding selection).
His label, Don’t, recently reached it’s 20th release with a sturdy EP of clunking acid and jacking house by Messrs Neil Landstrumm and Matt Whitehead. If you’re in London on 8 June 2012, we strongly recommend heading along to the second of his label parties, to be held in the bowels of a decaying video shop in Dalston.
Check out Jerome’s other mixes for Spannered here and here.
- Will Malone - Deathline
- Unknown - Check the Brutal Music label !
- Nino Ferrer - Le Telephone (English Version)
- Dave Phillips & The Hotrod Gang - Tainted Love
- The Boots - Alexander
- Ike & Tina Turner - I Can't Believe What You Say
- The Kinks - Dedicated Follower of Fashion
- Dandelion Wine - Hot Dog
- The Nu People - I'd Be Nowhere Without You
- Jean Pierre Massiera - Il Tubo
- Os Mutantes - Bat Macumba
- Bdly Drawn Boy - Riding with Gabriel Greenburg
- Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina (Dom Thomas Edit)
- The Herbaliser - Amores Bongo
- Steve Martin - Gettin Small
- The Cherrystones - Be Careful What You Wish For
- The Free Association - Le Baggage
- The Free Association - Whistlin Down The Wind
- The M&S Band - Egg Roll
- Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch - Bend It
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away
- Jean Paul Massiera - Dali Court
- North Of Ping Pong - Reeboks
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - Rag Doll
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams